Our face is constantly exposed to either chemicals from our makeup, pollution in the air, UV rays from the sun and the list goes on.
It is vital that we take some time to nourish and replenish our skin from the damage caused to it, so that we stay looking young and BEAUTIFUL!
That’s right Beyonce, flawless is indeed everyone’s goal.
The regular use of face masks is one of the various ways we can protect our skin.
However, it is important that you know how to use them CORRECTLY!
Here are some tips to keep in mind when taking part in this beauty regime:
– Right type: Make sure you are using a mask that is correct for your skin type and that will combat the issues your face is experiencing. If you have dry skin, use hydrating masks with ingredients of high water retaining properties such as Vitamin E. For those with oily skin, use more absorbing masks such as clay ones. Exfoliating masks such as mud masks should be used by all skin types for thorough cleansing!
– Frequency: Hydrating masks should be used 2-3 times a week, depending on how dry your skin is at a certain point. In the winter you could probably do this more often than in the summer. More absorbing masks including exfoliating masks should be used once a week as you don’t want to completely remove essential oils from you skin.
– Proper application: If masks are not spread evenly all around your face and neck- you are not gaining all the benefits you can from it. It is worth investing in a mask brush to ensure you are properly applying it all over your face and neck. Also make sure to tie your hair up and out of your face as otherwise, your mane will experience some stickiness!
– Appropriate application: Make sure you have a freshly washed face before applying your mask as this way your pores will be open and ready to absorb all the minerals effectively. Also, make sure you keep your masks on for a maximum of 15 minutes. Do not wait until it is completely dry as this will cause your mask to absorb all the natural oils out of your face.
– Safety first: The patch test is IMPORTANT ladies. If you have sensitive skin especially, make sure you apply a small amount of the mask onto your neck for a while to test for a reaction before applying it to your whole face.
The reason I LOVE Alaska Glacial Mud’s mud mask bundle is because it contains all the essentials required for the perfect face mask routine.
– A mask brush
– A head scarf (in various colour combinations you can choose from)
– A 4oz mineral face soap bar (peppermint + lavender/ OR bergamot + lemongrass + mandarin + lavender)
– A 3.5 oz jar of mineral mud mask ( unscented OR lavender + pepperment OR vanilla + lavender).
– 2 travel size mud masques
These kits also make a wonderful gift, so do check their website out if someone’s birthday is coming up: www.alaskaglacialmud.com.
LASTLY, don’t forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for a free KIT! Details are on my Instagram page! Hurry! 🙂