Happy International Women’s day!
Celebrate yourself today, you honestly deserve it.
Sometimes, trying to do it all can get tiring beyond words.
And when it’s that time of the month, it gets extremely hard to be as productive.
Your hormones are impacting your emotions and your body and it is normal to not want to do anything at all.
I am someone who deals with really bad mood swings and cramps when I get my period.
Over the years, I have found ways to cope with these problems, allowing each month to be less dreadful and more manageable.
Here they are:
- Hot water packs: Either invest in the rubber ones which are super cheap ($10), will last you years and are extremely convenient, or simply fill a bottle with hot water and wrap a towel around. Place this over your belly and lie down until your cramps subside.
- Eat PMS friendly foods: Choose a diet that will boost your estrogen levels(blueberries, tofu), levitate your mood(dark chocolate), have a high iron content(spinach, chickpeas) and stabilize blood sugar levels(soy beans, nuts).
- Light workout: Trust me, I understand the feeling of not wanting to move at all, but something as simple as some light yoga will stretch out your muscles and decrease cramping. This will also release some endorphins which will make you happy!
- Drink: Lots of water as this will help keep your skin glowing. It’s frustrating dealing with breakouts when you already have enough to deal with. Also, peppermint, ginger and cinnamon tea are GREAT for their soothing vibes.
- Get a prescription: From your doctor/pharmacist for some medication if you really need to! I definitely take pills every now and then when I need to stay extra productive and my cramps are a little too bad. Naproxen and Ibuprofen have been the most effective for me.
I hope this post has been helpful! Before signing off, I want to mention my current obsession: Ellebox.
I get extremely frustrated when my busy schedule gets the best of me and I forget that it is that time of the month and I am not stocked up with everything I need.
That’s when Ellebox comes to the rescue!
Based on your preferences, they will assembled a comfort box with pads, tampons, teas, chocolates and soaps- that will be delivered right to your doorstep!
I really respect their main objective which centres around health and hygiene.
Their pads and tampons are free of rayon, polyester, wood pulp and pesticides. On top of this, they are made of organic cotton which is better for your health and the environment.
Subscribe now using the CODE: theopenjournal for a 15% DISCOUNT.
Visit www.elleboxco.com for more details.