There are so many beautiful watches out there!
One of my absolute favourite designs are by John Taylor.
They are gorgeous and sturdy- you can tell the materials are of good quality and will last you a long time.
They also come in nice packaging- I am a big sucker for that. I am planning to use the box mine came in to protect this White Haven of mine.
Speaking of White Haven, all of their watches are named after beaches in Australia! I found that really creative!
Get these stunning minimal women watches and male watches as a gift and for yourself, use the code ‘OPENJOURNAL’ for a 15% DISCOUNT at www.johntaylorwatches.com.
Now, watches are an investment, and it is worth taking some extra care to have them running for as long as possible.
I personally own around 5 watches, all of them have lasted me about 5 years at the least!
Here is how I have maintained them:
- Store your watches in dark containers, away from the sunlight and this may fade its colours.
- At least once a week, use a damp cloth to thoroughly wipe down all of your watch.
- If your watch is not waterproof, remove it every time you are going to be coming in contact with water. For instance, when you are washing your hands or whilst preparing a meal.
- If it is waterproof, read the manual and make sure you know its limits, then stay within them!
- Take your watch for servicing every couple years, that’s usually the lifespan of a battery.
- Keep your watch away from CHEMICALS or from items that stain! So when you are spraying perfume onto your wrists, let it dry and then put on your watch. If you are eating something that you will require you to use your hands like pizza, remove your watch. Tomato sauce stains are annoying to remove.
- Keep your watch away from magnets! They affect the timekeeping of the watch and will make your readings inaccurate!
Hope you found this post useful!
More tips like these soon!