Hi gorgeous ladies!
It’s been a while since I shared some fashion inspiration here, so here goes…
Instead of sharing where I bought the products I am wearing (as I usually do), I am going to focus on a style tip or idea that I used to put the whole look together—do let me know if you prefer this format in the comment box below.
P.S. I know we are almost approaching the end of winter, and I am just sharing my fall recap now, but I promise to be better with my winter recap and have it up within the next few weeks.
1. Sweater dress: I added the chunky bag and boots to dress up this simple look.
2. Matching Set: Because fall gets a little chilly, I wore this skirt with some high boots to keep my legs covered—they had a bit of a heel so I think the overall look was quite chic.
3. Front-crossed sweater: Sweaters are the comfiest ever, this one added some shape to my overall look as well! I dressed it up with some thigh-high heels and a slit skirt. Who said sweaters need to be frumpy?
4. Layer dress: I will literally take any summer dress and wear a turtle neck underneath it to make it fall appropriate.
5. Teddy Coat: Wearing this kind of a coat will always add a more casual feel to any look, which is what I wanted for this day. My dress with the stockings and heels was definitely more formal, and I liked how to coat played it down a little. I also think the warm tones play in quite nicely together.
6. Sweater dress: A simple sweater dress can look more dressy with some good accessories. I pulled together some long curtain earrings with a matching colored bag and this look was good to go! Since my dress was quite a strong blue, I made sure to keep my accessories more subtle and neutral toned so that I didn’t look too over-the-top.
7. Fur vest: This is already a very loud piece, and so I kept everything is relatively subtle. I wore a plain green top for a pop of color, with a matching brown bag and boots. I also added some clear-lens glasses to add some personality to this look— I don’t actually wear glasses (hehe).
6. Plaid cap & skirt: I love that plaid has been in style for the last little bit. It’s my favorite pattern. Because I wanted the cap and skirt to be the main focus, I kept my shoes, bag, and top all plain and neutral.
7. Animal print top: There is really no way to under-play animal prints, so I decided to go hard or go home with this look. I pulled out my fur coat, and red heels to pair with my cheetah top, and I love how glamorous it looked overall!
7. Graphic Tee: I actually hate rock music but bought this Guns & Roses top anyway because I love the logo! I dressed this casual tee up with my Gucci belt, YSL sling bag, ankle white boots, a top knot hairdo, and my teddy coat. Overall, I think it provided the perfect balance of casual chic vibes.
8. Biker shorts: I layered up these stylish biker shots with a long cardigan, thick scarf, and beanie to add some dimension to this look and make it fall appropriate. I made sure to bring in some fall coloring with my plum handbag as well.
9. Plaid pants: It’s sort of hard to match this pattern with much else without creating a sort of clash, or a really loud look. For this day, I wanted to look chic but also minimal so I paired this statement piece with netural and plain accessories. I always make sure to stay within the same color scheme. Note that my bag and hat are black, while my trench coat and boots are beige. This keeps things looking in sync and not too distracting.
10. Layered maxi dress: This was one of my more dressy looks. Because my dress was already quite loud, I choose to only accessorize with one other color scheme—red! I made sure to keep all the red tones the same, and even added a pop of red lipstick to add some more glam. Once again, I layered with a neutral turtle neck to make this outfit less summery and more fall appropriate.
12. Ruffled sleeved wrap top: This is quite a dressy top and I decided to ride with the vibe. I wore it with a pleated skirt, fur coat, and white ankle boots, providing for a cocktail-party ready look!
13. Poncho: These pieces can be quite baggy and make for quite a frumpy look, so I made sure to wear a form-fitting short skirt with it to make maintain my shape.
14. Wide denim pants: I let my pants do all the taking with this outfit. I wore a beige, form-fitting body-suit with them, to maintain some shape. Also added a leather jacket and hat to add some personality.
Hope you guys found this post useful. For more up-to-date and live fashion inspiration, make sure to follow me on Instagram: @TheOpenJournal.
Lots of love!