So, after a whole year, I am finally back home to my beloved Bangkok city.
I am cherishing all the pampering from my parents, the warm sunshine, the delicious food, the cheap shopping, old friends…this list can go on and on honestly.
HOWEVER, this post is going to be about the one problem I am struggling hard to deal with at the moment: frizzy hair.
All the humidity in this city makes my hair extremely unmanageable and when I need to look my best, it can really be frustrating.
Everyone else at the tropics for their vacations will understand my pain.
But no worries ladies, it did take me three days here, but I eventually figured it out! EURKA!
Here are some surefire solutions that I found and now religiously use to make my mane look glossy and under control:
1. Use a sulfate-free shampoo: These milder shampoos provide full hydration for your hair from the inside out as they don’t wash away all of its moisture. My personal favourite is Marc Antony’s hydrating coconut oil shampoo- smells great too!
2. Use hydrating hair masks one a week: In general, hydrating masks are really great for your hair! They nourish and replenish your hair with all the nutrients that the harsher climates take away. Try to use ones with proteins, vegetal ceramids and glycerin as these specifically act to decrease frizziness.
3. Apply a smoothening product right after you wash your hair: I am obsessed with Ogx’s nourishing coconut milk anti-breakage serum. I use it everyday and it works wonders, and its only $8! Not only does it prevent frizz but adds shine and a great smell!
4. Sleep on a silk pillow case: Cotton is known to soak up moisture extremely quickly and so if you use cotton pillow cases, this is why your hair is super frizzy first thing in the morning. Either wrap your hair in a silk scarf when you sleep, or use silk pillow cases and see the difference!
5. Heat protecting spray: We all either curl or straighten our hair, and why not? Both look great! However, the high temperatures can cause serious heat damage to our hair and so make sure to always use heat-protecting spray before! My pick: Tressemmé’s Themral Creations Heat Taner Spray.
Happy Holidays everyone! Hope you have a frizz-free, fabulous vacation!
Before signing off, I must take a minute to talk about this fabulous outfit of mine.
I am excited to announce that I have recently collaborated with Ravisa, and this is the first look of the designer, Jessica’s “JAMIE” playsuit.
How cute, am I right?
Check them out at: www.facebook.com/officialRAVISA/
Comments are closed.